PHILADELPHIA – The Philadelphia City Council on Thursday (Feb. 5) unanimously approved an ordinance authorizing Verizon Pennsylvania to offer its all-fiber-optic FiOS TV service to city residents. As part of the 15-year cable franchise included in the legislation, Verizon will make FiOS TV available throughout the city over the next seven years. The ordinance now moves to Mayor Michael A. Nutter for his signature into law. Read More …
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020