Yahoo and JAJAH announced a partnership where JAJAH will operate Yahoo! Messenger’s VoIP platform. Yahoo! Messenger is Yahoo’s instant messaging (IM) platform, and JAJAH will manage PC-to-phone and phone-to-PC voice calls tied to it. JAJAH will take over the provision of the telephony infrastructure, payment processing, and customer care for Yahoo!’s premium voice users who make and receive voice calls through Yahoo! Messenger. Yahoo! Messenger operates in 200 countries with nearly 97 million users worldwide (comScore, February 2008). JAJAH operates an open source VoIP platform, and currently claims over 10 million users.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020