Verizon announced the expansion of high definition VOD service to eight additional states. With the expansion, Verizon’s HD VOD service is now available in California, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas and Virginia. Verizon says they will average about 1,000 HD VOD titles per month. Verizon joins other “terrestial” video operators trying to leverage HD VOD against the perceived HD advantage for linear channels offered by DirecTV and DISH Networks.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020