T-Mobile has unveiled Connected Workplace, an offering that combines nationwide 5G business internet with Cisco Meraki devices and cloud-managed networking platform, all managed by the carrier.
The offering, which is now available, includes installation, software licensing and 5G gateway and Wi-Fi access point device upgrades every three years at no additional cost.
Connected Workplace is designed to help simplify business network infrastructure, which is difficult to manage, particularly for medium-sized organizations that have multiple branches and retail locations. The connectivity stack “connects everything from point-of-sale systems to video surveillance, IoT applications and more,” T-Mobile said.
The offering is designed to eliminate the need to manage multiple regional internet service providers, as well as mismatched hardware and management software, to build functional network infrastructure. That traditional approach can be beyond the capabilities of many businesses, particularly small and medium sized enterprises.
Connected Workplace includes:
- Design and onsite installation
- 5G gateway and Wi-Fi access point device upgrades and software license renewals included
- 24×7 proactive performance monitoring of network and connected devices
- Unlimited same day configuration changes
- 24×7 support with onsite equipment repair or replacement
- Cisco Meraki cloud-managed networking solutions, including 5G gateways, access point, switches, IoT sensors and smart cameras
- Cloud-managed security, including Cisco Meraki firewall
- Cisco Meraki dashboard access
T-Mobile has offered other products to attempt to grab more of the business market, including a secure Wi-Fi app.
“Anytime we introduce a new solution, we build it to address critical business challenges, make things easier and deliver the best value for our customers,” Mishka Dehghan, SVP, strategy, Product, and Solutions Engineering, T-Mobile Business Group, said in a prepared statement. about T-Mobile Connected Workplace.