Jun 23, 2021 — NEW YORK, NY — Peacock today announced it will launch a Tokyo Olympics destination on July 15, featuring live coverage of some the Games’ biggest events, including gymnastics, track & field, and the US Men’s Basketball Team’s pursuit of their fourth straight gold.
In addition, Peacock will feature new daily live shows, original programming, Olympics channels, full event replays and curated highlights of NBC Olympics’ coverage. All of Peacock’s Tokyo Olympics programming will be available to stream for free, with exception of USA Men’s Basketball live coverage that will be available to Peacock Premium subscribers.
Peacock will feature live coverage every morning, including major events like Men’s and Women’s Gymnastics and Men’s and Women’s Track and Field. Matt Iseman & Akbar Gbajabiamila will host Peacock’s morning show Tokyo LIVE. Watch Simone Biles and Team USA compete in every single event, live from Tokyo, with expert commentary. Two-time Olympic medalist Laurie Hernandez will serve as a studio analyst for gymnastics along with Olympic medalist Bridget Sloan and three-time Olympian John Roethlisberger calling the action live across all Men’s and Women’s Gymnastics events: the Team Finals, the All Around competition, and individual event finals.
Peacock will stream the fastest women and men in the world competing for gold in the 100M on July 31 and August 1, respectively. Track & Field live coverage also includes can’t miss events, including the 4 x 100M relay, 4 x 400M relay, 200M and 400M. Bill Spaulding will call Track & Field play-by-play alongside Olympian analysts Tim Hutchings and Alysia Montano.
As home to Team USA Men’s Basketball, Peacock will stream live coverage of Men’s Basketball throughout the games, beginning with USA vs. France on July 25.
STREAM ON DEMAND
Peacock will make it easy for fans to catchup and keep up on the Tokyo Games with new hosts and contributors, channels, curated playlists, highlights, and full event replays.
Amber Ruffin, host, writer and executive producer of Peacock’s late-night series The Amber Ruffin Show, will be on the ground in Tokyo providing her own unique, comedic analyses of the competition, as well as a look-back at her own experiences in the world of sports.
Rich Eisen will host Tokyo Gold, a daily, comprehensive look at the most compelling performances of the day including in-depth stories, expert analysis, and athlete interviews.
Lindsay Czarniak, Lolo Jones and MJ Acosta-Ruiz will host On Her Turf at the Olympics, the first NBC Olympics show dedicated to covering women’s sports at the Games. Katie Ledecky, Allyson Felix, Alex Morgan, April Ross, and Alix Klineman will be among athletes featured.
Cari Champion and Kenny Mayne will host Tokyo Tonight, which will bring fans into the Games with quick turnaround highlights as well as interviews and feature stories every evening. Jac Collinsworth will serve as contributor to Tokyo Tonight on-location in Tokyo.
Tokyo LIVE, Tokyo Gold, On Her Turf at the Olympics and Tokyo Tonight all stream daily on Tokyo NOW, which will be complemented by five additional channels, including:
- Great Moments: launching June 23, a collection of the most thrilling moments of past Olympics
- Meet the Olympians: profiles and documentaries about top athletes, past and present
- Must-See Moments: buzziest moments from past Games
- Team USA: highlights of Team USA competing for gold medals in Tokyo
- Tokyo Flame: an always-on livestream of the Olympic flame for people who just want to bask in the glow of the Games
- Peacock will curate highlights and full event replays by sport to make it easy for fans to stay current on the 7,000 hours of NBC Olympics coverage.
In addition to Olympics-focused Peacock Originals already available to stream, including: The ’96 Effect, Michael Phelps: Medals Memories and More, The Greatest Race, In Deep with Ryan Lochte, and My Pursuit: Life, Legacy & Jordan Burroughs, Peacock will continue to roll out new original programming leading up to and throughout the Olympics, including:
- OLYMPIC HIGHLIGHTS WITH KEVIN HART AND SNOOP DOGG: This hilariously funny commentary series, co-hosted by sports and Olympics enthusiasts Kevin Hart and Snoop Dogg, will recap the Olympics’ most impressive displays of athleticism, as well as the moments that don’t go as planned. Kevin and Snoop will be your comedy guides through the Tokyo Olympics. The series is produced by LOL Studios. Paul Pawlowski will serve as showrunner and executive producer, along with executive producers Kevin Hart, Jeff Clanagan, and Candice Wilson Cherry.
- FOR BALL AND COUNTRY: With the USA Men’s Basketball Team’s fourth consecutive gold medal on the line at the upcoming Tokyo Olympic Games, there is much at stake. For Ball and Country will follow the greatest men’s basketball players in America as they set aside their on-court rivalries and form a star-studded team to represent their country. In addition to an all-access look at the 2021 team’s training camp in Las Vegas, the series goes into USA Basketball video vault with never-before-seen footage of this storied program. From the iconic 1992 team to the “Redeem Team” to today, the documentary will provide a unique look into some of the greatest teams ever assembled. For Ball and Country is produced by Winik Media in association with USA Basketball and NBA Entertainment.
- GOLDEN: This series follows elite American gymnasts Laurie Hernandez, Morgan Hurd, Sunisa Lee, Konnor McClain, and MyKayla Skinner on their individual and intertwining journeys as Team USA hopefuls leading up to the Tokyo Olympics. The series reveals how their preparation for the Games was fundamentally altered by the pandemic, over a five-month period as they continue their grueling training regimens. The series is produced by UNINTERRUPTED, a division of The SpringHill Company.
- THE SISTERS OF ’96; THE 1996 USA WOMEN’S OLYMPIC SOCCER TEAM: When the U.S. Women’s National Team made it to the Olympic soccer in Atlanta, their gold medal match was not fully televised. Now, Peacock is making it available in full for the first time and debuting an hour-long special that reunites stars Brandi Chastain, Joy Fawcett, Julie Foudy, Kristine Lilly, Shannon MacMillan, Briana Scurry, and Tisha Venturini. For the first time, the women will come together on the field where they played that inaugural Olympic final to watch the match together and give viewers have a front-row seat as they recount their victory and the lasting legacy of their team.
Peacock is currently available on Google platforms and devices including Android™, Android TV™ devices; Roku; Apple devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD; Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices; Microsoft’s Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One S and Xbox One X; Sony PlayStation4 and PlayStation 4 Pro; Samsung Smart TVs; VIZIO SmartCast™ TVs; and LG Smart TVs. Comcast’s eligible Xfinity X1 and Flex customers, as well as eligible Cox Contour customers, enjoy Peacock Premium included with their service at no additional cost.