Windstream has beefed up network security for its enterprise management customers by adding a Managed Security Enterprise service to its portfolio. The telecompetitor has partnered with Fortinet to offer the network security service provider’s FortiGate unified threat management system to enterprise customers with up to 2,500 users, Windstream announced in a news release yesterday.
“We are thrilled that the FortiGate product line is now a part of Windstream’s Managed Security Business Bundles,” Jason Pender, vice president Carrier & Service Provider Group at Fortinet, commented in the news release.
The new service employs Fortinet’s full complement of threat assessment and protection, including firewalls, anti-virus protection and intrusion detection, all of which have been designed to assure compliance with regulatory standards such as HIPAA and PCI DSS, according to Windstream. Features include:
- Firewall with customizable rules
- Application intelligence detects and prevents malicious traffic from gaining network access
- Protection against viruses, worms, and phishing attacks
- Security log storage and weekly reports
- IPSec encrypted, site-to-site Virtual Private Network (VPN) connections
- Remote access VPN and remote desktop options available
- Remote Protect and Off-Net Remote Protect available
- Secure Wi-Fi options available
- Web content filtering protects employees from objectionable web content
- User-friendly web portal.