WildBlue Communications announced system upgrades that will increase its capacity by 150,000 additional customers. According to a WildBlue press release, the “…upgrades bring WildBlue’s total network capacity to over 640,000 customers, with capacity available throughout the entire country.” These upgrades involved the addition of enhanced transmission link hardware and software technologies that enable transmission of 50 percent more information bits through the same existing radio link.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Putting Partnership to Work: A Case Study of Crossbeam Broadband
- A Public-Private Partnership Success Model: A Case Study of Connect Maine Authority
- Unpacking the Historic NTIA IIJA Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Fiber Network Deployment: Plan Today to Fast-Track Tomorrow
- Fiber Network Design: Thinking Beyond the Unserved Household