WildBlue Communications announced system upgrades that will increase its capacity by 150,000 additional customers. According to a WildBlue press release, the “…upgrades bring WildBlue’s total network capacity to over 640,000 customers, with capacity available throughout the entire country.” These upgrades involved the addition of enhanced transmission link hardware and software technologies that enable transmission of 50 percent more information bits through the same existing radio link.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020