In what appears to be a sign of the times, Qwest was hit with a patent suit over their VoIP service, branded OneFlex. RTI, based in Smithtown, N.Y., has added Qwest to its stable of VoIP patent suit victims, which previously have included Nortel, Google, and Vonage. RTI seems to have been successful with their suits, extracting settlements from most cases. RTI is seeking an injunction against Qwest, preventing them from signing up any new OneFlex customers and cancelling all existing OneFlex accounts. Looks like SunRocket customers might have one less appealing VoIP landing spot.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Putting Partnership to Work: A Case Study of Crossbeam Broadband
- A Public-Private Partnership Success Model: A Case Study of Connect Maine Authority
- Unpacking the Historic NTIA IIJA Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Fiber Network Deployment: Plan Today to Fast-Track Tomorrow
- Fiber Network Design: Thinking Beyond the Unserved Household