In what appears to be a sign of the times, Qwest was hit with a patent suit over their VoIP service, branded OneFlex. RTI, based in Smithtown, N.Y., has added Qwest to its stable of VoIP patent suit victims, which previously have included Nortel, Google, and Vonage. RTI seems to have been successful with their suits, extracting settlements from most cases. RTI is seeking an injunction against Qwest, preventing them from signing up any new OneFlex customers and cancelling all existing OneFlex accounts. Looks like SunRocket customers might have one less appealing VoIP landing spot.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020