In what appears to be a sign of the times, Qwest was hit with a patent suit over their VoIP service, branded OneFlex. RTI, based in Smithtown, N.Y., has added Qwest to its stable of VoIP patent suit victims, which previously have included Nortel, Google, and Vonage. RTI seems to have been successful with their suits, extracting settlements from most cases. RTI is seeking an injunction against Qwest, preventing them from signing up any new OneFlex customers and cancelling all existing OneFlex accounts. Looks like SunRocket customers might have one less appealing VoIP landing spot.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
Affiliate News Details aboutAffiliate News
- Deloitte Highlights Top Telecom Opportunities, Threats in 2022
- Ask Me Anything! With Father of the Internet Vint Cerf
- Creating the Hotel of the Future
- Report: We Spent 3.8 Trillion Hours on Mobile in 2021, Average Close to 5 Hours per Day
- Internet Satisfaction Report: 60% Very Satisfied with Their Service
- 2022 Predictions for Providers to Secure Communications Platforms