BROOMFIELD, Colo., Aug. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — As enterprises find new ways to take advantage of the scale and agility afforded by the cloud, many find they need a network experience that can match the flexibility of the virtual environments to which they are connecting. To meet this demand, Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is making available a new self-serve capability as part of its Cloud Connect Solutions set for customers to maximize the potential of not just the cloud, but the networks connecting to it.
The new Level 3 Cloud Connect Solutions feature is a scalable Ethernet offering enabling customers to host multiple virtual local area networks (VLANs) on a single Ethernet Virtual Circuit (EVC) from their data centers to Amazon Web Services (AWS) with the AWS Direct Connect service, which helps businesses optimize their cloud-based workloads.
Discover how Level 3 Cloud Connect can make cloud access as flexible as the cloud:
- Level 3 is an AWS Direct Connect partner in the AWS Partner Network (APN). Level 3 Cloud Connect Solutions leverages AWS Direct Connect to provide private connection to AWS cloud.
- Level 3 Cloud Connect Solutions give customers the ability to add and remove VLANs to AWS, including the connections to their virtual private clouds in near real-time via the MyLevel3 portal or API.
- Customers can also share bandwidth across their Amazon virtual private cloud (Amazon VPC) instances.
- As a private, direct connection to the cloud, Level 3 Cloud Connect Solutions provide an additional layer of security for customers’ multi-cloud environments.
- When combined with Level 3 Adaptive Network Control Solutions, customers gain increased visibility and control, including granular, real-time reporting and the ability scale bandwidth up and down as business demands shift.
- Customers can access this scalable Ethernet offering across Level 3’s award-winning Metro 2.0 Ethernet footprint of nearly 290 markets in North America, EMEA and APAC.