ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Oct 15, 2008 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ — DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH), the nation’s third largest pay-TV provider and the digital television leader, today announced it will begin transmitting the industry’s most advanced MPEG-4 delivery system to consumers in 11 additional markets in the eastern half of the United States. Now, consumers who sign up for DISH Network(R) in 32 markets will receive all standard and high definition programming in the MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding Standard, which provides the best picture quality on any TV. In August, DISH Network became the first pay-TV provider to offer all-MPEG-4 service. Read More …
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
Affiliate News Details aboutAffiliate News
- Internet Satisfaction Report: 60% Very Satisfied with Their Service
- Join the Debate: Who Should Get $65 Billion of Broadband Grants?
- Consumer Electronics Forecast to Have a Record 2022
- Connectivity in the Post-COVID Workplace
- 2022 Predictions for Providers to Secure Communications Platforms
- Report Finds 1 in 5 U.S. Broadband Households Subscribe to a vMVPD Service