Clearwire is partnering with ICO, a satellite communications company based in Reston, VA, to test a mobile video service. The trial is expected to commence in 2008 and will use both Clearwire’s 2.5 Ghz spectrum and ICO’s 2.0 Ghz spectrum. Raleigh, NC is the first trial market,with Las Vegas also expected to see a similar trial. ICO brands their solution as Mobile Interactive Media (MIM), which uses both terrestrial and satellite platforms. MIM will provide multiple channels of mobile video to large-screen user devices. Alcatel-Lucent has been will supply the system architecture and design based on mobile multimedia DVB-SH open standard.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Fiber Network Deployment: Plan Today to Fast-Track Tomorrow
- Unpacking the Historic NTIA IIJA Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Fiber Network Design: Thinking Beyond the Unserved Household
- Using GIS to Improve Your Business with Data and Analytics
- Fiber Economics: Considering the Entire Economic Equation
- Competitive Playbook