New York, New York, December 9, 2009 – AT&T* today announced at the UBS 37th Annual Global Media and Communications Conference that it will reach its 2 millionth AT&T U-verseSM TV customer today. In the last year, AT&T has added one million customers to the award-winning TV service available to millions of homes across 22 states.
AT&T today also announced the launch of AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet Max Turbo, which offers broadband speeds of up to 24 Mbps downstream and up to 3 Mbps upstream. Available today for AT&T U-verse residential and small business customers in the Austin, San Antonio and St. Louis markets, Max Turbo is the fastest Internet package available from the nation’s leading provider of broadband services. AT&T plans to roll out the service to additional U-verse markets in the future.
“This has been an outstanding year for U-verse, and we’re glad that customers are responding to the value, choice and simplicity we’re adding to this service,” said Ralph de la Vega, chief executive officer of AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “Customers love that they can get a complete and integrated quad-play of services with U-verse, and that’s why we continue to enhance our entire bundle with new apps and more broadband choices. We’ve shown what we can do with our advanced IP platform, and we’re not done yet.”
AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet Max Turbo is available to eligible residential customers for $65 a month, under current promotional offers, as part of a bundle with AT&T U-verse TV. Professional standard installation is included for new U-verse TV customers, and current U-verse Internet customers can upgrade their package at any time without additional installation costs or appointments. New residential U-verse customers who bundle U-verse TV (U200 or higher), U-verse Internet (Pro or higher) with Wireless 450 (or higher) or U-verse Voice Unlimited will receive $200 back.
AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet Max Turbo is available to eligible small business customers for $95 a month.
Throughout 2009, AT&T has continued to make the U-verse experience better with more apps, service enhancements, new broadband speeds and more. In 2009 alone, AT&T U-verse:
* Launched 13 U-verse TV apps, bringing the total number of TV apps to 21 and giving U-verse TV customers more control and interactivity with their favorite content. Two of the most recent app additions include the award-winning Multiview, which lets you watch up to four channels at one time on your TV screen; and Santa Tracker, which lets families visit the North Pole to play holiday games, listen to sing-a-longs, follow Santa around the globe on Christmas Eve and more.
* Added more than 25 High Definition (HD) channels, bringing the U-verse TV HD channel lineup to more than 110 HD channels in every U-verse TV market. U-verse continues to offer more HD channels than the major cable providers in every U-verse TV market.
* Enhanced the Total Home DVR experience to include Mobile Remote Access for the iPhone, an app that allows you to schedule and manage DVR recordings and easily search U-verse TV program listings from your iPhone. AT&T also added the capability to schedule and delete recordings from any U-verse connected TV in the home.
* Continued to deliver more broadband choice by launching Max Turbo. AT&T also added extra value for U-verse High Speed Internet Max customers by increasing speeds from up to 10 Mbps to up to 12 Mbps — a 20 percent speed increase at no extra charge.
* Expanded U-verse availability in the Southeast region. U-verse TV is now available in all 22 states of AT&T’s traditional footprint, and the advanced fiber network passes more than 20 million living units.
* Ramped U-verse Voice availability. U-verse Voice is now available in all 120 markets that offer U-verse TV, giving consumers another option for their home phone services and more quad-play integrated features.
* Ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in the South and West Regions Two Years in a Row,” according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2008 and 2009 Residential Television Service Provider Satisfaction StudiesSM.
Customers continue to respond to the convenience and integration that AT&T U-verse bundles provide. As of the end of the third quarter, more than 90 percent of U-verse TV customers bundle High Speed Internet, more than 60 percent of new U-verse TV customers bundle U-verse Voice, and more than 75 percent of U-verse TV customers have a triple- or quad-play.
AT&T U-verse TV is the only 100 percent Internet Protocol-based television (IPTV) service offered by a national service provider, making AT&T U-verse one of the most dynamic and feature-rich services available today. For additional information on AT&T U-verse — or to find out if it’s available in your area — visit www.att.com/u-verse.