XO announced the launch of Unwired Office, an enterprise targeted fixed mobile convergence solution. XO will partner with Sotto Wireless to offer a single platform which provides a smartphone that can be utilized as an office phone and a wireless device. The platform will include broadband Internet access; a hosted PBX system providing features in and out of the office; individual smartphones with one telephone number for office and mobile calling; wireless email and messaging; optional IP desk phones; and in building wireless coverage through in-office WiFi networks and wireless service. In addition, the service enables businesses to transparently extend the office phone system to the home or branch office by using existing cable or digital subscriber line broadband services. One of the smartphones used by the platform is the dual mode Nokia E61i. The Unwired Office solution illustrates the continuing movement towards fixed mobile convergence.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020