Philadelphia, Penn. — July 14, 2019 — Today Comcast’s Xfinity is opening Camp Tonsafun, a free virtual camp hosted by counselors from the NBCUniversal family and beyond featuring activities that are tailor-made for Xfinity customers and families to enjoy at home.
According to the American Camp Association, each year more than 14 million children and adults attend camp in the U.S. and Camp Tonsafun is intended to be a resource for customers and their families who may be impacted by the closure of many programs this summer due to COVID-19.
Available on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex, Camp Tonsafun features video lessons and activities spanning arts, sports, cooking, experiments and adventures geared toward children ages 5-12. Campers can participate using items that they likely already have at home. To access Camp Tonsafun programming, customers can simply say “summer camp” into the Xfinity Voice Remote. Jade Catta-Preta, the new host of E!’s The Soup is the Director of Camp Tonsafun and kicks off the series of video lessons and activities launching weekly through summer which will include:
- Learn to Animate a Minion with Illumination and Brad Ableson, co-director of Minions: The Rise of Gru
- Be a Smart Ninja with Jessie Graff from American Ninja Warrior
- Prank Your Friends and Family with Scott Tweedie from E! News
- Bring Dinosaurs Back to Life with Jurassic World themed magic tricks
- Build a Home Obstacle Course with Nate Burkhalter from Exatlón Estados Unidos
- Throw a Tie-Dye Party with Dina Cerchione, stylist for Howie Mandel (America’s Got Talent), and Deal or No Deal
- Learn Basketball Drills by Trevon Jenifer from Team USA
- Make an Out-Of-This-World Milkshake with Chef Chris from Universal Parks & Resorts
- Play Hallway Mini Golf with Martin Chuck, GOLFPASS instructor
- Be a Pancake Time Traveler with Chef Milo from Universal Kids
- Learn How to Make A Magnificent Mango Dessert with Carmen Aub, actress from El Señor de los Cielos
In addition to Camps Tonsafun, Xfinity X1 customers can enjoy Xfinity’s Summer Guide which spans more than 2,000 hours of seasonal entertainment curated by its team of TV editors into fun and interactive editorial collections such as:
- “For the Family” featuring recommendations for a game or movie night
- “Virtual Vacations” that enable customers to travel to popular cities around the globe or even adventure to Universal Studios Orlando without leaving home
- “Summer Blockbusters” highlighting the most buzzworthy flicks of the season
- “Summer Reading List” highlighting TV shows and movies based on books
- “Festival from Home” highlighting virtual concerts and past music festivals
- “Summer TV Preview” featuring the most anticipated shows and their premiere dates
- “What We’re Watching This Summer” compiling picks from each of the Xfinity TV editors and their new and latest exclusive ‘Xfinity Hangouts at Home’ interviews with The King of Staten Island’s Judd Apatow, SCOOB!’s Will Forte and Ken Jeong, Da 5 Bloods cast including Spike Lee and more.
- “Free” highlighting free programming available on a rolling basis all summer long from a variety of networks and streaming services
Xfinity’s Summer Guide is available across platforms including on X1, Flex and Stream (content may vary by platform) and can be accessed by saying “Summer Guide” into the Xfinity Voice Remote.