Windstream, citing improper billing practices is suing Verizon Wireless for $7 million plus attorney fees. The suit alleges the improper billing practices originated with Alltel, but Verizon is named because of their recent purchase of Alltel. Windstream says Alltel improperly billed Windstream for access charges, based on an intercarrier compensation agreement between the two carriers. The lawsuit has somewhat of interesting angle considering Windstream is the wireline spinoff of Alltel and the improper billing allegedly began very soon after the spinoff.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020