Windstream announced they now serve one million broadband customers, having added 21,000 so far in 1Q09. These additions already surpass the 18,000 added in all of 4Q08. Windstream offers broadband speeds from 1.5 Mbps to 12 Mbps. They now have 49 percent broadband penetration of residential access lines, across their 16 state footprint. “This achievement is a testament to Windstream’s focus and ability to transform our business around this cornerstone product,” said Windstream CEO Jeff Gardner in a company statement. The Little Rock, Arkansas based telco formed as a result of the merger of Alltel’s wireline spin off unit and Valor Communications. Looks like that green truck has been busy.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Fiber Network Deployment: Plan Today to Fast-Track Tomorrow
- Unpacking the Historic NTIA IIJA Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Fiber Network Design: Thinking Beyond the Unserved Household
- Using GIS to Improve Your Business with Data and Analytics
- Fiber Economics: Considering the Entire Economic Equation
- Competitive Playbook