OCTOBER 20, 2020 — LITTLE ROCK, Ark.–(BUSINESS WIRE) — Windstream Enterprise (WE), a managed communications service provider, today announced game-changing updates to its award-winning WE Connect portal, giving customers heightened visibility across their SD-WAN networks.
“With the enhancements to WE Connect Insight Engine, customers now have even more perspective and analysis across their SD-WAN environments, allowing them to easily visualize, identify and respond to anomalies before they become business or network problems,” said Mike Frane, vice president of product management at Windstream Enterprise. “No other SD-WAN provider delivers this depth of insight and ease of use.”
WE Connect Insight Engine presents customers with a powerful set of visuals showing performance analysis and trends in their applications, network access and devices across all of their locations. The insights are presented in intuitive dashboards so users can quickly identify variances or hot spots that should be investigated and take appropriate actions.
“SD-WAN generates enormous amounts of data, and WE Connect Insight Engine, running the most advanced data analysis technologies, examines the data and presents customers with easy-to-understand intelligence about their business, about their relationship with Windstream, and about how we can deliver network excellence and a better customer experience,” Frane said.
With WE Connect Insight Engine, customers can now take all the following actions across their entire network, not just at individual sites:
- Device and utilization insights – Customers can now identify all new devices connected to their network, allowing them to verify their validity and alerting them to potential rogue devices. They are also able to visualize the top network users across their entire network footprint and see how the usage shifts month to month and identify devices that are producing or consuming an abnormal amount of data which may indicate a compromised device.
- Easily track and respond to bandwidth spikes – Users can drill down into bandwidth and application performance bottlenecks to easily spot locations with high bandwidth utilization. They are presented with a simplified view of the utilization, application traffic and underlay status at the time of the spike so they can easily visualize and assess the anomaly and choose to take immediate action to change application priorities or flows. Users can easily zoom in on the next network event to efficiently review all of the events in the time period.
- Create performance reports – Customers can download a full report showing the network metrics across all of their locations allowing them an easy way to integrate SD-WAN performance data into their internal performance reporting.
- See a quick performance dashboard – A new performance-monitoring dashboard helps users identify any system resourcing issues and opportunities for improvements, ensuring the edge devices are functioning as expected, and that a device is not approaching CPU, memory, tunnel or flow thresholds.
- Using unique and innovative approaches, Windstream delivers more than traditional voice and data services to give small, medium and enterprise businesses advanced managed services.
Examples of Windstream Enterprise’s industry-leading advanced solutions that layer over its network backbone include its SD-WAN Concierge™, OfficeSuite UC® and UCaaS/CCaaS offerings, Cloud Connect, professional services, and integrated network security.