In an innovative approach, Quad Cities Online and Moline Dispatch Publishing, a local newspaper, are partnering together to bring WiMAX to the Quad Cities area of Iowa and Illinois. TMC.net reports of this unique WiMAX deployment on their website. The partnership also includes Black Hawk College, which actually owns the spectrum and is leasing it to Quad Cities Online, the local ISP owned by Moline Dispatch Publishing.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020