In an innovative approach, Quad Cities Online and Moline Dispatch Publishing, a local newspaper, are partnering together to bring WiMAX to the Quad Cities area of Iowa and Illinois. TMC.net reports of this unique WiMAX deployment on their website. The partnership also includes Black Hawk College, which actually owns the spectrum and is leasing it to Quad Cities Online, the local ISP owned by Moline Dispatch Publishing.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Fiber Network Deployment: Plan Today to Fast-Track Tomorrow
- Unpacking the Historic NTIA IIJA Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Fiber Network Design: Thinking Beyond the Unserved Household
- Using GIS to Improve Your Business with Data and Analytics
- Fiber Economics: Considering the Entire Economic Equation
- Competitive Playbook