CAMPBELL, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its annual North America Business VoIP Service Leadership Scorecard, which analyzes and ranks the top service providers in the hosted VoIP and unified communications (UC) services market and the IP connectivity market.
“Comcast’s acquisition of New Global Telecom, the former perennial leader in our business VoIP scorecards, propelled Comcast to the #1 position in Infonetics’ hosted Business VoIP Leadership Scorecard this year,” announced Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP and IMS at Infonetics Research. “And, for the fourth year in a row, Verizon Business is #1 in our IP Connectivity Leadership Scorecard, followed by AT&T.”
Myers adds: “After a banner 2010, 2011 was another year of consolidation in North America among business VoIP service providers. Though there are still a large number of VoIP service providers in North America, consolidation is starting to separate the large providers from the rest of the pack.”
BUSINESS VOIP SCORECARD HIGHLIGHTS
- Comcast earned a high overall score of 33 out of 35 for hosted VoIP services; West, Verizon, and 8×8 are also among the top hosted VoIP providers in North America
- Verizon Business earned a high overall score of 32 out of 35 for IP connectivity providers; AT&T, Comcast, and XO are also among the top providers in North America
- At the end of 2011, many of the top hosted VoIP service providers had over 100,000 VoIP and UC seats, while others had fewer than 50,000 seats, signaling further consolidation to come, and likely the shuttering of some businesses
- On the IP connectivity front, the bulk of the installed base has become concentrated with the large operators, as scale is necessary for a successful business in a service market based on lower-prices
- The competitive landscape for hosted VoIP services is shaking up, with the traditional PBX and UC vendors such as ShoreTel, NEC, Mitel, Avaya, and Cisco jumping into the cloud
Service providers ranked in Infonetics’ 2012 North America Business VoIP Service Leadership Scorecard include 8×8, AT&T, Bandwidth.com, BroadView Networks, Cbeyond, Comcast, Cox, Level 3, Megapath, RingCentral, ShoreTel/M5, Sprint, Thinking Phone Networks, Verizon Business, West, Windstream, and XO.
The report identifies service providers currently leading the hosted VoIP/UC and IP connectivity markets and those best positioned to succeed long-term. The matrix rankings are based on criteria such as installed base of lines or seats, financial stability, market strategy, service capabilities, and support options. An EMEA Business VoIP Service Leadership Scorecard will be published by Infonetics on or before August 2, 2012. To buy reports, contact Infonetics Sales.
- Latest Infonetics VoIP and Unified Communications research newsletter: http://bit.ly/Iu5S9q
- VoIP services market growing strong as businesses seek flexibility, easier management
- High-growth segments kicking into gear in 2012 in carrier VoIP and IMS equipment market
- Asia, Latin America boost enterprise voice equipment market in Q4; Avaya, Cisco end strong
- Mobile broadband, smartphones, LTE drive Diameter signaling controllers to 106% CAGR
- 42% of North American enterprises surveyed plan to use SIP trunking by 2014
- 15 million Rich Communication Suite (RCS) subscribers by 2013
UPCOMING VOIP AND UNIFIED COMMUNICATIONS RESEARCH
See SERVICE PROVIDER VOIP AND IMS at http://www.infonetics.com/login for report highlights, tables of contents, etc.
- Log in to download Infonetics’ 2012 Research Publication Calendar: http://bit.ly/zwjcRs
- Service Provider VoIP & IMS Equipment & Subscribers Market Share & Forecasts
- Mobile VoIP Services & Subscribers Market Size and Forecasts
- IMS Service Strategies, Product Features, and Vendor Leadership: Global Service Provider Survey
- EMEA Business VoIP Service Leadership Scorecard
- VoIP and UC Service and Subscribers Market Share and Forecasts
- UC Deployment Strategies: North American Enterprise Survey