Verizon announced its FiOS capable networks in the Philadelphia region now have access to 56 new HD channels, raising the total HD channel availability to 86. Philadelphia is home to Comcast headquarters. “As a result of this enhancement to the FiOS TV lineup, Verizon is now offering consumers here more HD than both Comcast and RCN offer,” Verizon says in a company statement. The new HD line-up includes Animal Planet, TLC, Science, Smithsonian, CNN, CNBC, Lifetime, Bravo, TBS, History Channel, Weather Channel, USA and SCI FI channels. Verizon is putting on a full court press in Comcast home turf territory, and is heavily marketing both the new HD line-up and their current free 12 month multi-room DVR promotion. Care to guess how many Comcast employees are signing up for FiOS?
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020