Verizon is expected to announce a personal MiFi hotspot, which allows a 3G broadband connection to power a WiFi hotspot. The Novatel MiFi 2200 is about the size of a credit card and will run for four hours. Wireless hotspots that allow 3G backhaul connectivity are nothing new. But this newest version is truly mobile, allowing users who have a 3G data plan to set up a wireless hotspot virtually anywhere. The new MiFi scoop comes from PhoneArena via Engadget. Pricing is just a guess right now, but rumors put it at $200, which seems expensive to us. The details are expected to be revealed during this week’s CTIA show.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020