Verizon FiOS launched their latest interactive media guide (IMG) in several markets today. We reported on the impressive user guide back on May 22nd. Verizon announced the guide is available in Indiana, Rhode Island and parts of New Jersey, with other markets coming online soon. Existing FiOS customers will receive the no cost upgrade automatically through a network download. Verizon hopes the new guide will create buzz for FiOS and differentiate it from user guides offered by cable MSOs and DBS competitors. The new guide offers an innovative approach to video search, including linear, VOD, and user generated content search results. Verizon claims the search functions are much more intuitive and user friendly than their competitors. The IMG also offers a rich graphical interface and a variety of widgets focusing on weather, traffic, horoscopes, and other items of interest.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020