BASKING RIDGE, N.J. — Verizon and Nokia Siemens Networks have taken a step closer to being able to transmit commercial traffic at a speed of 100 gigabits per second (Gbps). The two companies carried out a successful 100 Gbps transmission on a single wavelength for more than 1,040 kilometers over field fiber, setting a new distance record and demonstrating better performance than conventional transmission. Read More …
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Power in Partnerships: Building Better Broadband
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) 1Q21 Webinar
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?