AT&T’s U-Verse added 8 additional HD channels to reach the 40 mark. The new channels include Animal Planet HD, CNN HD, Discovery HD, Science Channel HD, Starz Kids & Family HD, Superstation WGN HD, TLC HD, Versus HD, and Golf Channel HD. These new additions make AT&T HD competitive with their cable competitors, but short of their DBS competitors. AT&T charges an additional $10/month for their HD tier. U-verse customers don’t need to upgrade their set top boxes because they are already HD capable.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletters today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Want a Better Network? Here Are 7 Design Best Practices
- There is So Much at Stake: Understanding the Value of Integrated Mapping
- Cyberattack: It’s More a Question of When, Not If
- Tribal Broadband Funding in a Time of Opportunity: How to Find Funding and Build Successful Partnerships
- The Dangers of Being a Broadband-only Provider