TracFone, the leading provider of prepaid wireless in the U.S. has gained eligibility for USF subsidies in ten states. The FCC stated the goal of this move is to target low income consumers, with a “wireless Lifeline” type program. The approved states include Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Virginia. The District of Columbia was also approved. Their eligibility for USF is narrowly focused. For example, they will not be eligible for high cost support.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020