Thousands of Apple iOS and Google Android smartphones are equipped with on-device meters, and Nielsen has been using them to track data on how much time subscribers are spending using Web browsers and custom-built mobile apps to check, news, weather, email and social networks.

The first data from Nielsen Smartphone Analytics showed that the average Android user in the U.S. spends 56 minutes a day on the mobile web and using mobile apps.  Mobile app consumption made up 2/3 of the total while 1/3 was spent on the mobile Web.

The data also showed that users spend the vast majority of their time using only a very small percentage of mobile apps available.  With more than 250,000 Android mobile apps available, the top 10 accounted for 43% of time spent on mobile apps.  The top 50 Android mobile apps accounted for 61% of total time spent.  That leaves over 249,950 mobile apps competing for the remaining 39%.

Advertisement

Join the Conversation

One thought on “Top 50 Android Apps Dominate

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don’t Miss Any of Our Content

What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.

You have Successfully Subscribed!