Amsterdam & San Carlos, California — September 9, 2016 — TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO), the global leader in entertainment technology and audience insights, announced today a new generation of user experience (UX) design that is uniquely TiVo. Built for today’s modern TVs and mobile screens, TiVo’s new user interface is centered around bringing the user’s content from an increasingly diverse array of sources to them quicker and easier than ever, predicting what users might be interested in viewing, and presenting a choice of shows based on such things as time of day, past viewing choices, and the device they are using. The visually rich UX builds on TiVo’s world-class usability, ensuring the viewer is always close to what they are looking for across content sources, and provides customizable shortcuts for functions on the main menu to give users faster access to their entertainment – not just traditional TV and movies, but also music and short-form videos. This seamless experience of content consumption from many sources redefines “traditional TV” and allows every device to become a primary screen for video consumption.
“Content is paramount to today’s TV viewer, but finding what you want to watch has become increasingly difficult with the growing number of video providers. This was the impetus for the design of the new TiVo UX,” said Margret Schmidt, Chief Design Officer at TiVo. “We are transforming TV viewing into an easy, personalized experience. The new UX brings the content the viewer wants right up front faster through expanded discovery and predictions from their own cable subscription and the best online video sources. In short, we designed this UX so the viewer spends less time searching channel guides and opening apps and more time enjoying their favorite shows.”
Features of the new TiVo UX:
- Visually rich, appealing interface – With a superior new and modern visual display, the new UX puts content front and center, so that users can easily identify what they want to watch.
- Predictions – Beyond traditional recommendations, TiVo’s innovative new Prediction technology takes a user’s actual viewing habits and predicts the shows they most likely want to watch at that moment.
- Fast access to content – The new experience makes accessing content faster than ever. From Predictions to Recent Activity to What to Watch, TiVo minimizes clicks to content.
- Content from multiple sources –TiVo’s UX was designed to accommodate multiple content sources, delivering users abundant entertainment choices from linear, on demand, and streaming apps.
- Personalization features – The entire experience is personalized, from recommendations to predictions, TiVo uses past viewing behavior to direct the user to the content they are most likely to enjoy.
- Customizable shortcuts – Users now have more control over their viewing experience with customizable shortcuts on the Home screen and the ability to favorite the apps they most frequently visit, giving them quick access to their content across platforms and providers.
TiVo will showcase its entertainment technology and audience insights solutions during IBC this week in Hall 14, Stand G01 and Hall 5, Stand A31.