September 25, 2013 MINNEAPOLIS — Today Target®Corp. (NYSE: TGT) announced that Target Ticket, its new digital video service, is available to guests nationwide. The convenient service, ideal for families with children, gives guests an easy way to access and enjoy their favorite titles on their preferred digital channels and devices anytime, anywhere.
Target partnered with Common Sense Media, a San Francisco-based non-profit organization best known for its reviews of movies and television shows. Through the partnership, Target Ticket gives guests access to thousands of reviews, making it easier for parents to choose the right content for their children. In addition to an overall quality rating, guests can set filters according to age-appropriateness, level of violence, profanity, MPAA and TV Parental Guidelines, putting guests’ in control of the content they deem appropriate for viewing. Parents can customize a profile for each family member, allowing multiple viewers to watch their preferred content simultaneously on different devices.
“Many of our guests told us that streaming and viewing videos is complicated, so we created Target Ticket to simplify the experience,” said Anne Stanchfield, divisional merchandise manager of entertainment, Target. “Target Ticket will help guests who are looking for a kid-safe, easy-to-use service that mirrors what they have come to expect from Target’s entertainment offerings – a premium selection of the newest titles plus exclusive content, all at an affordable price.”
Additional Target Ticket features include:
- 30,000 movie and television titles available to buy or rent, download or stream at home or on-the-go, starting as low as $.99.
- No subscription or sign-up fees, plus REDcard holders receive 5 percent off each purchase.
- Premium selection of new blockbuster films. Current releases offered include “World War Z,” “Iron Man 3,” “Star Trek Into Darkness,” “The Croods” and more.
- Highly sought after series such as HBO’s “Game of Thrones” and “True Blood” and SHOWTIME’S ® “HOMELAND.”
- More than 50 popular next-day television shows including “The Walking Dead,” “Big Bang Theory,” “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” and more.
- Viewers can watch rented content as many times as they want within a 48-hour rental period.
- Target exclusive bonus footage available in select movies.
- Target Ticket will offer 10 free downloads on select movies for each new guest.
Target Ticket is currently available on PC and MAC, Android and iOS, Roku®, Xbox, Samsung televisions and Blu-Ray players, with availability on additional devices in the coming months. Guests can visit TargetTicket.com to access the service or download the Target Ticket app through the App Store or Google Play.
For additional details about the service, guests can visit TargetTicket.com and ABullseyeView.com.