T-Mobile announced an aggressive continuation of its 3G buildout, with 120 markets expected to be lit by late November. With 3G market additions in Sacramento, CA, Memphis, TN, and Tampa, FL, T-Mobile says it currently covers 92 markets. T-Mobile has some catching up to do, with their competitors having a significant 3G lead in markets and subscribers served. They have raised the stakes for themselves with the pending introduction of the Google co-branded G1 phone. Poor 3G coverage could prove to be disastrous for T-Mobile if word gets around that the G1 experience is lacking a credible 3G feel. That could drive lucrative 3G customers into the willing hands of AT&T and its iPhone.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletters today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- What Skills Shortage? Stay Competitive With a Lean Workforce
- Power Users & Broadband User Trends in 2Q23
- How to Grow Your Network and Increase Subscriber Satisfaction
- Everything You Need to Know About NTIA’s Initial BEAD Funding Allocations
- How to Overcome WiFi Installation Challenges and Maximize QoE