Bellevue, Washington — November 7, 2016 — Tap the brakes, you don’t want to miss this one! Today, T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) unveiled T-Mobile SyncUP DRIVE™, the Un-carrier’s exclusive, all-in-one connected car solution that easily transforms your car into a rolling Wi-Fi hotspot and gives you extensive added vehicle diagnostics, safety and security features. And, even better, starting November 18, you can get T-Mobile SyncUP DRIVE – normally a $149.99 value – for FREE after 24-month no-cost finance agreement with a 2GB or higher mobile Internet plan.
“With T-Mobile SyncUP DRIVE, you have a new way to ride on America’s fastest nationwide 4G LTE network,” said John Legere, president and CEO of T-Mobile. “We’re making it radically simple for customers to connect their cars with a complete, all-in-one package – and the best part is that we’re making it totally free at launch.”
Getting going with T-Mobile SyncUP DRIVE couldn’t be easier. It plugs in to your car’s OBD-II (on-board diagnostics) port – standard on most cars built after 1996, is always on, doesn’t require charging and can be managed right from your smartphone.
Not only can T-Mobile SyncUP DRIVE cost at least 20% less than the carriers’ solutions over two years, it also does a lot more. T-Mobile SyncUP DRIVE is the only complete 4G LTE connected car solution by a wireless provider. For example, HUM by Verizon runs on ancient 2G technology that Verizon will phase out, and HUM doesn’t even include in-vehicle Wi-Fi connectivity. In fact, you’d need multiple carrier solutions – and multiple carrier rate plans – to duplicate what T-Mobile SyncUP DRIVE does out of the box on T-Mobile’s 4G LTE network.
T-Mobile SyncUP DRIVE enables you to:
- Stay connected: Deliver an in-vehicle Wi-Fi hot spot on the nation’s fastest 4G LTE network, perfect for sharing data with five Wi-Fi capable devices to entertain your family during those road trips.
- Drive smarter: Analyze driving behavior to help you drive more safely, while minimizing wear-and-tear, by keeping track of dangerous driving behavior like speeding, harsh braking and rapid accelerations; or, to help you save money on fuel. And, companies can make tracking and expensing business miles a breeze.
- Keep an eye on your family: Know the location and status of multiple cars without contacting the drivers, set speeding alerts to encourage safe driving behavior and set alerts to be notified when your car enters or leaves a certain area.
- Locate your car: Keep tabs on your vehicle, from finding your parked car on a map, locating and tracking your car’s real-time driving location or delivering a notification if the device or your car has been tampered with, bumped or had the device removed.
- Take care of your car: Have a virtual mechanic to help you take better care of your car and help reduce repair costs by providing helpful maintenance reminders and instant notifications about car trouble.
T-Mobile works with best-in-class partners to develop and deliver IoT (Internet of Things) solutions, and T-Mobile SyncUP DRIVE is no different. SyncUP DRIVE was developed by T-Mobile together with two key partners – ZTE, a global provider of mobile devices and telecommunication systems, and Mojio, the leading open platform for the growing ecosystem of connected car apps and services.