Calix cloud and software platforms enable service providers of all types and sizes to innovate and transform. Our customers utilize the real-time data and insights from Calix platforms to simplify their businesses and deliver experiences that excite their subscribers. The resulting growth in subscriber acquisition, loyalty and revenue create more value for their businesses and communities. Calix's mission is to enable communications service providers of all sizes to simplify, excite and grow.
Over the past year, the broadband industry has faced a challenging landscape wrought with economic change. To meet those challenges, small-to-medium broadband service providers (BSPs) have re-examined their business strategies and identified new and unexpected challengers.
To find out how BSP marketing teams planned to respond to these changes, Calix partnered with analyst Heavy Reading to survey marketing leaders at BSPs with fewer than 100,000 subscribers.
The recently released report provides a snapshot of how new strategic priorities and competitive threats are changing the marketing tactics and technology needed against a backdrop of economic upheaval. Below highlights a few key takeaways from our BSP survey with Heavy Reading:
- More than 50 percent of marketing leaders are determined to increase market share in the existing area and expand outside their region.
- Nearly 70 percent of marketing leaders are concerned that consumer giants like Amazon threaten their business.
- 90 percent of marketing leaders are extremely confident they can deliver a differentiated customer experience.
- 78 percent of marketing leaders plan to integrate more marketing tools over the next three years.
- 90 percent of marketing leaders tout their faster speeds as a reason subscribers use their broadband service.
If everyone shouts from the mountaintops that they have the fastest speeds, are they genuinely showing subscribers they are a differentiated broadband service provider? And what that means for marketers is that they will have to ditch their marketing messages, but how?
Asking these questions is the first step toward building a more successful marketing strategy designed to respond to the challenges and opportunities BSPs face not just today, but as the industry evolves.
Learn more about the challenges and opportunities facing broadband marketers today by downloading our latest white paper, “The Marketer and the Broadband Service Provider: Trends, Challenges, and Opportunities.”