March 9, 2017 — “Many customers have requested Cloud DVR since our launch, and as more consumers cut the cord, we know Cloud DVR is a must-have feature for many consumers”
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Sling TV today widened availability of its Cloud DVR to new customers through its “First Look” early access program. Introduced in late 2016 in beta for Roku users, Cloud DVR “First Look,” priced at $5 per month for 50 hours of storage, is now available for purchase exclusively to Sling TV customers using Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick or Fire tablet devices. Sling TV also expanded its Cloud DVR-supported devices; customers with Cloud DVR may now use the feature across Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets, Android mobile devices, Android TVs, Roku™ streaming players and Roku TV™s.
“Many customers have requested Cloud DVR since our launch, and as more consumers cut the cord, we know Cloud DVR is a must-have feature for many consumers,” said Ben Weinberger, chief product officer of Sling TV. “We also know some customers prefer to watch our 30,000 on-demand titles, and we don’t want to make them pay for a feature they won’t use. While other OTT providers force everyone to take Cloud DVR at a higher price, Sling TV continues to give our customers choice and control over their entertainment experience.”
‘First Look’ Program
Through “First Look,” the Cloud DVR offers eligible customers 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage for $5 per month with any Sling TV subscription.
The “First Look” program provides customers with the latest Cloud DVR updates, including several improvements and bug fixes identified through customer feedback during the beta period. “First Look” customers will also be among the first to experience new features like setting recordings on-the-go, as well as upcoming enhancements, including the ability to record more channels, protect recordings and group recorded series into folders.
Access to “First Look” is currently available to customers who own a Sling TV-supported Amazon device; Cloud DVR is available on Amazon Fire TVs and Fire tablets, Android mobile devices, Android TVs, Roku™ streaming players and Roku TV™s, and will expand to additional devices in the coming months, starting with Apple TV. Eligible customers who created their account through Amazon may add Cloud DVR through the Sling TV app on their Fire TV or Fire tablet. All other eligible customers may add Cloud DVR by signing in to their account on sling.com and selecting “Add Cloud DVR.”
Cloud DVR Features
- Availability – Sling TV’s Cloud DVR is available to beta and “First Look” customers with any Sling TV subscription, including Sling Orange (single-stream), Sling Blue (multi-stream), and/or Best of Spanish TV across all Amazon Fire TV and Fire Tablets, Android mobile devices, Android TVs, Roku™ streaming players and Roku TV™s.
- No recording expirations – Customers may keep their recordings as long as they subscribe to Cloud DVR.
- Entertainment on your time – Record movies, sports, news, episodes and full series, with the ability to pause, rewind or fast-forward recorded content. Cloud DVR functionality not available on all channels.
- Conflict-free recording – Users may record multiple programs simultaneously, with no recording conflicts.
- Easy access – Cloud DVR content is integrated directly into Sling TV’s “My TV” screen for immediate access to recordings.
- Simple space management – Sling TV manages Cloud DVR space to make room for new recordings by deleting the oldest ‘watched’ recording when capacity is full.
For more information on Sling TV’s Cloud DVR and the “First Look” program, visit help.sling.com. Customers are invited to provide feedback by contacting Sling TV at DVR@sling.com.