The sixth public notice of authorization in the FCC’s Rural Digital Opportunity Fund (RDOF) auction includes 2,576 bids. Windstream Pennsylvania LLC had funding authorized for 601 bids in the Keystone State. In all, 42 entities – companies, DBAs and LLCs – were authorized.
Talkie was authorized for 1,065 bids split between Maryland (789) and Delaware (276), even though one of the companies that bid against it had questioned whether Talkie has the capability of fulfilling its commitments in the stipulated time frame.
The auction raised $9.2 billion. Winning bidders are put on the “ready to authorize” list when their long-form application, letters of credit and Bankruptcy Code opinion letters are approved. This process is a joint effort of the FCC’s Wireline Competition Bureau, the Rural Broadband Auctions Task Force and the Office of Economics and Analytics.
The full list of companies on the RDOF authorized list:
- Cal-Ore Communications
- Central Alabama Electric Cooperative
- Central Arkansas Telephone Cooperative Inc.
- Claverack Communications LLC
- Commnet Four Corners LLC
- Commnet Wireless LLC
- DTC Cable Inc.
- Gonthier Inc.
- Great Lakes Energy Connections Inc.
- Horry Telephone Cooperative Inc.
- JACKSON COUNTY RURAL ELECTRIC MEMBERSHIP CORPORATION
- Lakeland Communications Group LLC
- LakeNet LLC
- LR Communications Inc.
- MCEC Fiber Inc.
- Meriwether Lew Connect LLC
- Micrologic Inc.
- New Lisbon Broadband and Communications LLC
- North East Fiber LLC
- NT Spark, LLC
- Oklahoma Fiber, LLC
- Peoples Telephone Company
- Petit Jean Fiber LLC
- Prentiss Electric Broadband
- Presque Isle Electric & Gas Co-Op
- Ralls Technologies LLC
- Randolph Telephone Telecommunications of Virginia Inc.
- RiverStreet Communications of Virginia Inc.
- Scott County Telephone Cooperative Inc.
- SW Arkansas Telecommunications & Technology Inc.
- Talkie Communications, Inc.
- Tallahatchie Valley Internet Services LLC
- TEC of Jackson, Inc.
- Texoma Communications, LLC
- Tishomingo Connect, LLC
- Tri-Co Connections LLC
- TriCoLink, Inc.
- United Communications, Inc.
- Val Telecommunications of Texas, LLC dba Windstr
- Visionary Communications, Inc.
- Wave Rural Connect, LLC
- Windstream Pennsylvania LLC
The fifth public notice of authorization of bids was issued in mid-January. Fifty-one entities holding 2,521 winning bids were authorized.