RCN announced a partnership with InGrid, a developer of digital, wireless home security services, to launch a six-month trial of InGrid Home Security services to new and existing customers in the Chicago and Philadelphia areas. InGrid Home Security offers home security monitoring over broadband networks and gives homeowner’s the ability to control their home’s system remotely and receive emergency and non-emergency notifications on any Internet-connected device including cell phones. Security breaches are investigated by Guardian Protection Services, a large privately held security company. The InGrid Home Kit built for the average-sized home, will be offered by RCN at a special introductory trial price of $249 with monthly monitoring at $29.99 per month. A smaller kit, for home offices and apartments covering up to 1,500 square feet is $149 and the 24/7 monitoring service will operate at a billing rate of $29.99/month.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Fiber Network Deployment: Plan Today to Fast-Track Tomorrow
- Unpacking the Historic NTIA IIJA Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Fiber Network Design: Thinking Beyond the Unserved Household
- Using GIS to Improve Your Business with Data and Analytics
- Fiber Economics: Considering the Entire Economic Equation
- Competitive Playbook