DENVER, January 11, 2011 – With the launch of Qwest iQ® E-Line service, Qwest Communications (NYSE: Q) has responded to the enterprise customer’s need to increase business value and improve quality of bandwidth connectivity. The new Qwest Ethernet solution provides a highly scalable, highly reliable private line solution to increase businesses’ efficiency and operational productivity. Qwest customers like Hibernia Media are already using the solution to operate dedicated media networks that ensure the quality of their programming.
KEY FACTS ABOUT Qwest iQ® E-Line
- The solution leverages state-of-the-art Dense Wave Division Multiplexing and dedicated Multi-Protocol Label Switching network technologies to combine the benefits of intelligent routing with the advantages of full bandwidth utilization.
- The construct may be rapidly provisioned to customers like Hibernia Media that need low latency private line services as well as highly secure connections for their media applications.
- Qwest iQ® E-Line is ideal for mission-critical or general data-intensive applications that require scalable connections to customers’ data centers, storage-area networking, multi-location enterprise applications or disaster recovery and business continuity facilities.
- Fully managed, the service offers highly granular bandwidth in increments from 5 Megabits per second (Mbps) up to 1 Gigabit per second (Gbps) to allow enterprises to scale their operations based on actual need and to aid in improving application performance and business efficiency.
- When combined with multiplexing, the solution allows for hub-and-spoke multi-site connections within or between any of E-Line’s 16 markets currently for long-haul and metro applications: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Mo., Los Angeles, New York, Newark, N.J., Philadelphia, Phoenix, Sunnyvale, Calif., Tampa, Fla., and Washington, D.C.
- The solution is MEF, IEEE and ITU standards compliant and backed by Qwest’s robust service level agreements.