Delivers on Promise of Bringing Affordable, Enterprise-Class Solutions down Market
DENVER – March 30, 2010 – Qwest Communications (NYSE: Q) today announced the launch of two new managed solutions: Qwest iQTM Managed Security Service (MSS) and Qwest iQTM Network Management Service (NMS). The new offerings deliver on a relationship Qwest and IBM (NYSE: IBM) previously announced to provide a powerful yet easy-to-use technology ecosystem specifically designed for businesses with 15,000 employees or fewer yet robust enough for the Fortune 100.
Qwest pilot customer TEAM Industries, Inc.—a designer and manufacturer of transmission assemblies, components and CVT’s for a variety of on and off-highway markets—is already experiencing the benefits. Qwest worked with TEAM Industries to: implement a scalable and cost-effective solution to provide more capabilities to offload router and existing web filtering; increase security to mitigate viruses and spam; eliminate traffic going through TEAM Industries’ six locations and interconnect those locations with resilient technology.
Qwest iQTM Managed Security Service
* Reduces the costs and complexities associated with managing security needs, while mitigating the impact of liability and security threats from malware, SPAM e-mail, unauthorized network access, and Internet resource misuse.
* Enables customers to leverage Qwest expert tools, skills and processes to improve their system uptime and performance, optimize security investments, improve employee productivity and demonstrate compliance.
* Supported by IBM Internet Security Systems (ISS), a recognized industry leader of managed security service with world-wide redundant security operation centers, security research within the X-Force organization, and certified engineers and security analysts to provide 24x7x365 support.
Qwest iQTM Network Management Service
* A network monitoring and management product suite that provides complete out-tasking of all or part of customer’s data network. It is a comprehensive, integrated package of products and services for building and proactively overseeing networks.
* Enables customers to control operational costs, while improving network uptime and performance, regulatory compliance and to optimize their security investments.
* Provides around-the-clock health and fault monitoring of network devices by IBM’s skilled operations analysts using automated surveillance tools. Customers can view network performance statistics, alerts and create and manage trouble tickets, all from Qwest’s QControl® Portal.