Highlighting efforts to revitalize rural economies and communities, NTCA – The Rural Broadband Association on September 21 announced the winners of its 2015 Smart Rural Community Showcase awards. Twelve rural broadband service providers were recognized, according to an NTCA press release.
Some 1,500 participants were present at NTCA’s Fall Conference, where this year’s Smart Rural Community Award recipients were announced. In addition to industry and public recognition, 2015´s award-winning rural broadband service providers will join previous year’s recipients in formulating strategies and methods via which their peers can replicate their success.
NTCA Smart Rural Community Program
Initiatives carried out by this and previous years’ Smart Rural Community award winners help foster innovative, sustainable local economic and community development, NTCA stated. They span areas including commerce, education, health care, government services, public safety and security and energy management.
Following is the list of 2015´s award winners:
- Arvig (Perham, Minn.)
- Big Bend Telephone Co. (Alpine, Texas)
- Citizens Mutual Telephone Cooperative (Bloomfield, Iowa)
- Endeavor Communications (Cloverdale, Ind.)
- Lakeland Communications Group (Milltown, Wis.)
- Madison Telephone Co. (Staunton, Ill.)
- NineStar Connect (Greenfield, Ind.)
- Paul Bunyan Communications (Bemidji, Minn.)
- Polar Communications Mutual Aid Corp. (Park River, N.D.)
- Rainbow Telecommunications Association (Everest, Kan.)
- South Slope Cooperative Communications (North Liberty, Iowa)
- Tri-County Telephone Association (Council Grove, Kan.)