Open Range, a Colorado based broadband wireless service provider, announced its plans to launch a nationwide broadband wireless network targeting rural America. As a result of a Rural Utilities Service rural broadband loan of $268 million, Open Range intends to utilize WiMAX technology to serve over 500 rural communities, serving over 6 million potential subscribers. Open Range intends to offer a $40/month wireless broadband product, branded as Simply Easier, offering download speeds of 1.5 Mbps.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020