According to the Wall Street Journal (subs. required), Nortel filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy today. The move isn’t surprising. Speculation has been building about Nortel’s fate for some time now. They’ve been battered over recent years and with today’s economic climate, their fate was pretty much sealed months ago. They owe bondholders more than $3.8 billion. Now the question is, can they emerge, or are they done for good?
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Fiber Network Deployment: Plan Today to Fast-Track Tomorrow
- Unpacking the Historic NTIA IIJA Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Fiber Network Design: Thinking Beyond the Unserved Household
- Using GIS to Improve Your Business with Data and Analytics
- Fiber Economics: Considering the Entire Economic Equation
- Competitive Playbook