Vudu, a Santa Clara, CA start-up, began selling Internet based VOD titles. The Vudu service offers a $399 Internet connected set top box, with access to 5,000 titles. The service requires a broadband connection, and uses peer-to-peer technology to display content on a television, but does not require a PC. Prices for one-time rentals range from $0.99 – $3.99, and prices for purchased movies range from $4.99 – $19.99, depending on the age of the movie.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Fiber Network Deployment: Plan Today to Fast-Track Tomorrow
- Unpacking the Historic NTIA IIJA Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Fiber Network Design: Thinking Beyond the Unserved Household
- Using GIS to Improve Your Business with Data and Analytics
- Fiber Economics: Considering the Entire Economic Equation
- Competitive Playbook