Microsoft introduced a new program to “help” video service providers who currently use another middleware platform to migrate to their Mediaroom middleware platform. In a company statement, Microsoft explains that “…the program provides guidelines and solutions for service providers considering upgrading their IPTV platform. The Microsoft Mediaroom Migration Program delivers a structured assessment process and analytical tools for migration, including business and technical workshops to review set-top-box portability, network compatibility and audio-visual head-end interoperability.” How nice of them. Middleware providers have become quite the aggressive bunch. The competitive landscape seems to grow by the month, with Ericsson as the latest entrant into the somewhat crowded middleware space.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Putting Partnership to Work: A Case Study of Crossbeam Broadband
- A Public-Private Partnership Success Model: A Case Study of Connect Maine Authority
- Unpacking the Historic NTIA IIJA Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Fiber Network Deployment: Plan Today to Fast-Track Tomorrow
- Fiber Network Design: Thinking Beyond the Unserved Household