Washington, DC – February 2, 2023 – Lumen Technologies (NYSE: LUMN) recently won a $223 million contract from the U.S. Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) to provide secure, mission-critical communications services to the U.S. Department of Defense.
“The U.S. Department of Defense has a far-reaching mission to provide military forces to deter war and ensure our nation’s security. DoD selected Lumen to deliver voice communications services that will help it carry out its important mission using today’s technologies,” said Zain Ahmed, senior vice president, Lumen public sector. “DoD is modernizing its network and leveraging cloud-based technologies like the new voice system enabled by Lumen that securely connects our troops with modern communications tools wherever they are.”
- Lumen will supply DISA with modern hybrid-cloud voice and audio-conferencing services that support the Department of Defense (DoD)’s mission both inside and outside the U.S.
- The new Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) system saves the government money by eliminating the need for desk phones and supporting remote users as DoD transitions to a hybrid workforce.
- Lumen is serving as a trusted provider of secure, resilient communications services that enable more than 250,000 concurrent connections to DISA’s voice cloud system.
- Lumen is supplying unified communications services via an integrated phone system that runs over the company’s fiber network.
- Delivering voice and conferencing services from cloud data centers that meet DoD Impact Level 5 security standards provides modern capabilities with scalable infrastructure ready to meet warfighters’ needs on demand.
The new voice services will support DoD’s transition to a next generation 911 (NG911) system at military bases that can better pinpoint and route first responders to a caller’s location. The Lumen NG911 platform improves the delivery of emergency calls and enables residents to contact 911 not only by making a voice call—it also lays the foundation for the delivery of pictures and videos in the future.
- The $223 million task order has a base performance period of one year, with three additional one-year options and a potential six-month extension.
- It was awarded to Lumen under the General Services Administration’s 15-year, $50 billion Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS) program.
- Tyto Government Solutions, Inc. is a strategic subcontractor to Lumen. The two companies are working to fulfill the order’s technical requirements by delivering phone and conferencing services from highly available, resilient cloud data centers that meet DoD Impact Level 5 (IL5) security standards.
- Lumen is honored to support military and government agencies with innovative adaptive networking, edge cloud, connected security and collaboration services using the company’s platform for advanced application delivery solutions.
- The company provides a platform for IT modernization that delivers the security and reliability military and civilian agencies need to carry out their important missions.
- Learn more about our Defense Information Systems Agency $1.5 billion award to provide network transport to the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command Area of Responsibility: http://news.lumen.com/2022-11-01-Lumen-wins-1-5-billion-Defense-Information-Systems-Network-contract
- Learn more about our U.S. Department of Agriculture $1.2 billion network services award: https://news.lumen.com/2022-01-20-U-S-Department-of-Agriculture-awards-Lumen-1-2-billion-network-services-contract
- Learn more about our U.S. Department of the Interior $1.6 billion network services award: https://news.lumen.com/2020-01-16-U-S-Dept-of-the-Interior-Awards-CenturyLink-1-6-Billion-EIS-Network-Services-Win
- Learn more about how Lumen is supporting the public sector here: