Simplification and greater flexibility are the drivers for enhancements made by Lumen Technologies on its SASE Solutions product.
Secure access service edge (SASE) approaches go hand-in-glove with software-defined wide-area networks (SD-WANs). In general, the goal is to provide enterprise-level security as work is decentralized and data centers – where security traditionally is focused – are deemphasized.
The company says that its SASE Solutions offering uses an all-digital approach to the purchase, configuration and management of SASE services. It provides safe access to websites, access and sharing of sensitive data and user permission management for software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications.
The cloud-hosted gateways enable organizations to adopt “grow as they go” network and security management features without the need for premises-based equipment.
Lumen says that SASE enhancements include:
- SSE (Secure Services Edge), a collection of integrated, cloud-centric security capabilities – including cloud-hosted gateways – that provide safe access to websites. It also includes the access and sharing of sensitive data and user permission management for software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications provided by leading SD-WAN and security partners.
- Cloud-hosted gateways enable organizations to adopt “grow as they go” network and security management features without the need for premise-based equipment.
- Enable customers to migrate off shared gateways and onto a dedicated node providing enhanced security and reliability nationwide.
- Provide flexible, centralized security services and dedicated cloud hosting with simplified and predictable pricing.
- Enable secure remote access from virtually anywhere to the customer’s data and cloud applications.
Lumen said that its U.S.-based customers now can deploy premises-based SASE services to Canada and Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
“Lumen is laser focused on what our customers want and need, and our latest SASE updates are a perfect example of this,” Darren Wolner, Lumen’s senior director of SASE product management said in a press release about the Lumen SASE offering.
“There has been a rapid adoption of cloud-based services as more organizations implement hybrid work, but security is paramount to any cloud-based experience. This means savvy organizations soon realized a whole new set of challenges and requirements. We quickly enhanced the product to fit their needs.”
In April, 2022, the Dell’Oro Group forecast the SASE market to have a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 116% and to reach a value of $5.1 billion by next year.