(August 13, 2018 Sergeant Bluff, IA) Long Lines Broadband today announced the launch of Flight Gigabit service in the Siouxland area. With this launch, the network called Flight Gigabit, a Fiber to the Home (FTH), ultra-high-speed internet service to residents and businesses, will pass over 20% of the homes in the Sioux City metro area. Gigabit internet service offers customers lightning fast internet service at 1 Gig up and down. In the initial phase, approximately 7,500 residents and businesses will have access to Flight Gigabit with future expansion throughout Long Lines service area planned in 2019. This $2.5M private equity investment made by Long Lines Broadband continues a legacy of local technology investment to support the ever-changing needs of the community and leverages the extensive fiber network being built to approximately 2,000 homes and businesses in Sioux City. This $2.5M investment is in addition to the previously announced $10M private equity investment Long Longs announced in March 2018. The previous investment in extended new technology and services to residential and business customers and positioned Long Lines for future growth.
“Our new products provide a competitive choice for consumers, said Brent Olson, President, Long Lines Broadband. “In the coming days we will be introducing the Flight Gigabit brand. This private investment continues our long-standing commitment to the region”, added Olson.
“This significant investment by Long Lines Broadband is a game-changer for our Siouxland region”, said Chris McGowan, President, Siouxland Chamber of Commerce. “In order for our community to continue to be competitive for businesses and attractive to families for quality of life, access to cutting edge technology like Flight Gigabit is essential”, continued McGowan.
Currently most residential customers are accessing the internet through Long Line’s 300 Mbps high speed service. Long Lines Broadband recognizes that internet access is an indispensable communications tool and resource for businesses and individuals. Communities with ultra-highspeed internet, like Flight Gigabit, can participate and access in the global economy faster.
What is Flight Gigabit?
- Ultra-fast 1Gig Up/1Gig down (1,000 megabits per second) fiber to the home/business.
- Improves the on-line experience for multiple users and devices connected to your network.
- Multiple users can stream high-definition and 4K video content with little or no buffering at the same time.
- Great application for telecommuting and for businesses of any size.
- Architecture and engineering firms, cyber security, legal, medical, real estate and transportation are just some examples of companies using Gigabit service to expand and grow their businesses.
- Download and upload files, photos and videos at incredible speeds. …down to seconds regardless of the file size.
- With 100 megabits service download a two-hour movie in 1.5 minutes and with GIG service that download takes 8 seconds.
- Introductory pricing $79.95 – Not available in all areas at this time.
- Introductory offer first month free with free install.
Why This Investment?
- An economically healthy Siouxland is vital to the region.
- Siouxland has an increasing number of businesses that are heavily dependent on high speed internet at the office and in work from home environments.
- Very few communities around the United States offer true Fiber to the home (FTH) Gigabit service.
- Gigabit Internet is affirmatively the most meaningful economic development tool for attracting high tech businesses and the skilled employees – boosting the communities tax base.
- Longlines is hopeful that with the buildout of Fiber to the Home (FTH) Gigabit service will leverage this technological advantage for the collective benefit of everyone in the region.