Broomfield, Colorado — Nov. 30, 2016 — This year, Amazon Web Services (AWS) annual cloud computing conference, re:Invent, will be delivered completely over the AWS Cloud thanks to direct cloud connectivity provided by Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT). In addition to serving as the official AWS Direct Connect provider for re:Invent 2016, Level 3 will showcase an AWS Direct Connect bundle providing private connectivity for AWS’s fully managed, secure desktop computing service, Amazon WorkSpaces.
As an Advanced Technology Partner in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN), Level 3 delivers private access to the AWS Cloud. Level 3 Cloud Connect Solutions provide secure, reliable dedicated network connections to global enterprises for their cloud-based business applications.
- Level 3 Cloud Connect will be providing connectivity for all AWS services used at re:Invent, including keynotes, live streaming, breakout sessions, hands-on labs, bootcamps, hackathons, workshops, certification exams and AWS.com. The network will serve more than 30,000 on-site attendees across five physical locations, as well viewers who will be live-streaming sessions remotely from around the world.
- This is the third year in a row Level 3 will provide private, dedicated network connectivity in support of re:Invent. In 2014 and 2015, Level 3 Direct Connect powered live demos and AWS developer boot camps.
- Enterprises can connect to AWS Direct Connect locations and Amazon WorkSpaces globally, with a range of connection types via Level 3’s high-performance and secure network.
- Level 3’s AWS Direct Connect bundle offers Amazon WorkSpaces users a private, direct connection to AWS for increased network performance compared to the public internet.
- Level 3 Cloud Connect Solutions deliver enterprise grade security and performance – in addition to the flexibility to scale bandwidth up and down to meet business needs, while paying only for the bandwidth used.
Brian Hoekelman, VP Business & Cloud Ecosystem Development for Level 3
“With thousands of attendees and hundreds of sessions covering every facet of cloud networking, an event of this magnitude requires significant network resources. Level 3’s ability to develop reliable, flexible and secure networking solutions to power and stream more than 400 sessions keynotes, live demos and boot camps across five conference venues – like those we’re showcasing here at re:Invent – is our sweet spot.”