SES AMERICOM announced availability of IP Prime HD-4. HD-4 is an MPEG-4 powered HD overlay solution, initially targeting existing MPEG-2 IPTV service providers. MPEG-2 IPTV networks are severely challenged with HD because of its high bandwidth requirements. There is a significant base of early adopter MPEG-2 IPTV service providers in the U.S. A single-rack HD-4 solution can deliver 32 HD channels, and operate over an existing MPEG-2 network. The solution utilizes a set-top-box that can accept both MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 feeds.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
Affiliate News Details aboutAffiliate News
- Internet Satisfaction Report: 60% Very Satisfied with Their Service
- Join the Debate: Who Should Get $65 Billion of Broadband Grants?
- Consumer Electronics Forecast to Have a Record 2022
- Connectivity in the Post-COVID Workplace
- 2022 Predictions for Providers to Secure Communications Platforms
- Report Finds 1 in 5 U.S. Broadband Households Subscribe to a vMVPD Service