SES AMERICOM announced availability of IP Prime HD-4. HD-4 is an MPEG-4 powered HD overlay solution, initially targeting existing MPEG-2 IPTV service providers. MPEG-2 IPTV networks are severely challenged with HD because of its high bandwidth requirements. There is a significant base of early adopter MPEG-2 IPTV service providers in the U.S. A single-rack HD-4 solution can deliver 32 HD channels, and operate over an existing MPEG-2 network. The solution utilizes a set-top-box that can accept both MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 feeds.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020