Remarkable innovation is currently underway across the entire communications industry. The arrival of next-generation broadband, or ultra-broadband, is transforming networks, wireless and wireline alike.
Perhaps no better illustration of this transformation is the arrival of 5G. Development and implementation of the infrastructure necessary for this next generation wireless technology has implications for all carriers, including wireline. It’s really all about the network and the upcoming Connect (X) event is the one industry event in North America that focuses on the network infrastructure for ubiquitous connectivity.
What does that mean? It means this is the one place for that industry suppliers to convene: technology, services, applications, tools; and more to support the development of 5G – indoor and outdoor; public and private; macro and micro. In short, this event designed for all stakeholders delivering infrastructure solutions and for ubiquitous connectivity.
Pinnacle Sponsors to the show this year represent a wide range of industry leaders, including T-Mobile, TESSCO Technologies, Sitetracker, Cradlepoint, Zinwave, as well as the leading tower owners American Tower, Crown Castle, Vertical Bridge and SBA.
“Connect (X) represents one of our industry’s most important gatherings of the innovators leading the next generation of wireless technology and evolution of 5G,” said Tessco CEO Murray Wright. “We recognize the importance of joining these critical conversations and we’re proud to support WIA as a Pinnacle Sponsor.”
Understanding CBRS and OnGo
In addition to the event’s focus on 5G infrastructure, Connect (X) is the largest showcase of content, expertise and technology for CBRS, which recently changed its brand to OnGo. The CBRS Alliance believes that 4G and 5G solutions in the 3.5 GHz band, utilizing shared spectrum, can enable both in-building and outdoor coverage and capacity expansion at a massive scale. In order to maximize the full potential of spectrum sharing, the CBRS Alliance enables a robust ecosystem through the management of the OnGo technology standards and the OnGo Certification Program.
CBRS Alliance executives and thought-leaders from leading OnGo technology suppliers, integrators and commercial carriers, will participate in Connect (X) to provide business case information, information on early OnGo commercial deployments, as well as the technology solutions that enable commercial and industrial 4G and 5G deployments.
Educational Sessions cover a wide range of infrastructure-centric subject matter, and the following are perhaps the most unique for our industry:
- The Integrated Asset Chain: A New Model of Towers, Fiber & Data Centers and includes as a panelist Zouheir Mansourati, VP, Customer Network Implementation, TELUS
- Solving the challenges with Small Cells & Municipalities with business solutions to the 5G Siting Bottleneck and includes speakers from Sitetracker, Vitruvi, FieldClix and more
- All About Millimeter Wave Wireless in 5G Networks featuring speakers from Zinwave and Kwikbit and other fixed wireless solutions providers
- Indoor Capacity: Building a Smarter Building from Inside Out featuring insight from Commscope, Vornado and WiredScore
- How Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are Changing Content Delivery in 5G Networks
- Distributed Energy and Energy Storage: New Opportunities in Telecom Infrastructure featuring speakers from Panasonic, HCI Energy and Aero Solutions
- 5G as a Service: How Edge Computing is Transforming 5G featuring thought leaders from StackPath, VaporIO and Packet.
- How Blockchain Impacts the Future of Network Infrastructure with former NASA scientists
- …and more
The era of 5G is upon us, and the opportunities for new business in infrastructure deployment has gone well beyond the walls of the mobile network operators, and now includes cablecos, telcos, ILECs, enterprises and more. Only Connect (X) embraces the entire range of business and technology opportunity made possible by the infrastructure for ubiquitous 5G connectivity – including Towers, Fiber, Small Cells, Edge Computing, Smart Cities – and the stakeholders who make next-generation networks possible.
We look forward to seeing you in Orlando this May.
Image courtesy of flickr user Stefano Brivio.
Interested in publishing a sponsored post to Telecompetitor? Contact us or call 240-450-2161.
Interested in publishing a sponsored post to Telecompetitor? Contact us or call 240-482-8131.