Hulu, the online video joint venture between NBC Universal and Fox, announced the beta launch of HD content streaming. Hulu uses H.264 video codecs, streaming HD video clips at 1280 x 720 resolution. They recommend minimum bandwidth throughput of 2.4 Mbps, Adobe Flash Player 9, and a “fast computer” to receive adequate HD picture quality. Slower bandwidth speeds can buffer the HD content, if they are willing to wait.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
Affiliate News Details aboutAffiliate News
- Join the Debate: Who Should Get $65 Billion of Broadband Grants?
- Consumer Electronics Forecast to Have a Record 2022
- 70% of U.S. Broadband Households Have Streaming Video Devices
- Connectivity in the Post-COVID Workplace
- 2022 Predictions for Providers to Secure Communications Platforms
- Report Finds 1 in 5 U.S. Broadband Households Subscribe to a vMVPD Service