HickoryTech, a Mankato, MN based telecom service provider, announced the launch of a home monitoring service that will enable customers to receive digital video, real-time data and alerts from their homes any time and anywhere. Utilizing a broadband Internet connection and wireless phones, the service sends customers real-time alerts allowing them to stay connected to their homes and families while they are away and manage certain aspects of the home environment, such as temperature and lighting. An integrated web-based portal controls all monitoring equipment. Users can access live video feeds and reports from the portal, and establish customized instructions for the service to provide alerts or take action under specific conditions. HickoryTech’s home monitoring service costs under $10 per month. The set-up includes a self-installation starter package of equipment for a one-time cost of $199.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020