Bangor, Maine — July 19, 2022 — Residents in Bangor, Maine can now order best-in-class, multi-gig-speed internet from Fidium Fiber, Consolidated Communications’ customer-centered residential internet service.
Construction on the Bangor fiber network is nearly complete, and more than 24,000 Bangor homes have access to highly reliable, symmetrical (that means same upload and download speeds) fiber internet, with WiFi 6, which creates a mesh network that optimizes your home network daily, delivering the best home internet experience.
“Fidium is singlehandedly changing the way Mainers think about their internet service,” said Erik Garr, president of consumer and small business for Consolidated. “This year we’re bringing future-proof fiber internet to 150,000 addresses in Maine, making Fidium the largest fiber internet provider in Maine. I can’t wait for our customers in Bangor to see the benefits better internet provides to their work, their families and their community.”
With a 2 Gig plan, users can connect dozens of smart devices, stream ultra-high-definition video, join video conferences and connect multiple bandwidth-hungry devices simultaneously. While 1 Gig is Fidium’s most popular plan, 2 Gig plans can satisfy even the heaviest data users or those who just want the fastest symmetrical home internet.
All Fidium plans offer symmetrical speeds from 50 Mbps to 2 Gigs, with no contract and no data caps. Customers can also get VoIP home phone service and streaming TV service. Get your entertainment at home or on the go without fussy equipment to clutter your rooftop.
Every Fidium Fiber internet plan offers:
- Simple, affordable pricing ($70 per month for 1 Gig, $165 per month for 2 Gig symmetrical speeds) that includes equipment, with no required bundles, no data caps and no contract;
- An intelligent whole-home mesh WiFi 6 experience with a top-rated gateway and up to two extenders, if needed;
- The Attune WiFi whole-home management mobile app providing network visibility, age-appropriate content settings, guest access, time of day access control, speed tests and more;
- Easy, hassle-free installation on your schedule with text updates and two-hour appointment windows;
- Intuitive customer portal with self-service options; and
- Real time, proactive network monitoring to solve issues remotely and ensure the best internet performance.
Residents can visit FidiumFiber.com to sign up for updates and service when available. Follow Fidium at Facebook.com/FidiumFiber, Twitter.com/FidiumFiber, instagram.com/fidiumfiber and YouTube.com/FidiumFiber.
Fidium is coming soon to nearly 70,000 locations in Augusta, Biddeford, Falmouth, Lisbon Falls and Waterville, Maine. Fidium is already serving homes in Bangor, Eastbrook, Long Island, Portland, Rockland and Stonington, Maine. To learn if your location is or will soon be eligible for Fidium, visit FidiumFiber.com/order. Fidium is now accepting pre-orders for service and will notify those interested as soon as service is available at their address.